QUÉBEC, March 16, 2020 – At AddEnergie and FLO®, we know how important the availability of our EV charging network is to users, and so we are sharing an update on our current COVID-19 response activities. As a company, we are implementing a series of measures aimed at helping with the collective effort to reduce virus transmission, and protect the health and safety of our employees and partners, while also ensuring that our critical charging service is maintained for users. As we adapt and navigate through these difficult times, our priority is to ensure continuity of service on all fronts, while keeping our employees and their families safe.
Among the measures taken:
- All business travel by employees has been suspended. This includes international travel, inter-office travel, and travel to our assembly plant in Shawinigan by staff from other company locations.
- All in-person participation in events and external meetings—such as trade shows and conferences—is suspended until further notice.
- All employees whose role is compatible with remote working arrangements are asked to work from home starting Monday March 16.
- While our offices and plant will remain open for employees whose role require critical in-person presence, we are taking steps to minimize the overall flow of persons accessing the workplace, such as cancelling external visits and asking employees who can to work from home.
- We are working with all property managers to ensure best facilities management practices are being followed including increasing cleaning frequency, posting approved signage regarding behavioural steps to minimize infection, and adding additional antiseptic dispensers for employees who are working from our offices.
- Our executive team is meeting daily to share information and scenario plan regarding possible network and other business impacts.
AddEnergie is a leading North American charging network operator for electric vehicles and a major provider of smart charging software and equipment. Since 2009, AddEnergie and its FLO network have supported 3.5M charging events and enabled the transfer of 29 GWh in electricity, thanks to 25,000 high-quality stations deployed on public networks, commercial and residential installations. AddEnergie’s headquarters and network operations centre are based in Quebec City, and its assembly plant is located in Shawinigan (Quebec). The company also has regional offices in Montreal (Quebec), Mississauga (Ontario), Vancouver (British Columbia) and Rochester (New York). For more information, visit addenergie.com/en.
For more information about this post, please contact:
Director, Communications and Public Affairs
1 877 505-2674, #370